Giovanni Cianci, music producer of “The Late Present With Stephen Colbert” since 2017, has been let go from the corporate after a lady accused him of sexual misconduct in a 2010 incident, Selection has discovered.
“Gio is not employed by the present,” says a supply with data of the scenario. Selection has reached out to Cianci and the present’s community, CBSViacom, for remark.
His exit follows a social media submit from musician Paige Stark, who additionally spoke with Selection in regards to the matter, alleging that an incident came about whereas Cianci was working at Lookout Administration, the place he was employed from 2002 by means of 2014. He had expressed curiosity in her band and the 2 met through the CMJ Music Marathon convention in 2010. She says he made advances towards her when the 2 had been alone in an elevator, tried to kiss her and when she resisted, pinned her towards the wall. Stark stated his aggressive habits didn’t cease after she left the elevator and he continued to observe her and a bandmate to a bar, the place a male buddy she had known as met them and ultimately forcefully satisfied Cianci to go away. She stated he continued to “harass” her on Fb and through textual content for a number of months.
A buddy of Stark’s who spoke to her on the time of the alleged incident, corroborated that the account offered on Instagram was what Stark described shortly after the 2010 incident.
Stark says she saved quiet for practically a decade as a result of she was “too scared to come back ahead publicly.” She stated in 2017 she emailed Cianci’s former boss at Lookout — and included a display shot of the e-mail in her Instagram submit — however acquired no reply.
Quickly after the Instagram submit, attorneys from ViacomCBS reached out to Stark instantly for her account, based on a supply, emphasizing that the corporate takes such issues very severely.
Cianci additionally labored as a supervisor on the Creed Firm and his personal Bassline Administration earlier than becoming a member of Colbert in 2017. He was featured in Selection‘s “Who’s Who in TV Music Reserving” in 2018.
Source by ”nypost.com”
Watch the primary trailer for ‘The Craft’ sequel
Calm down, it’s solely magic.
“The Craft: Legacy,” the forthcoming sequel of the cult-favorite 1996 movie “The Craft,” has launched its first trailer — and viewers can stay up for getting one other dose of teenage witch drama.
The roughly 2-minute, 30-second clip, launched Tuesday by Sony Photos Leisure, contains acquainted nods to the earlier film’s most iconic scenes and quotes. They embody a gap montage of the excessive school-age coven performing a levitation recreation as their “Gentle as a feather, stiff as a board” chant repeats twice, in addition to a repetition of the basic “We’re the weirdos, mister” line.
This new-generation film, written and directed by Zoe Lister-Jones, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone and Zoey Luna as the brand new coven. Much like the unique movie, Hannah (Spaeny) strikes and has to vary faculties after her mom (Michelle Monaghan) remarries — incomes Hannah a brand new stepfather (David Duchovny) and stepbrothers in his three sons. Additionally much like the earlier film — which starred Fairuza Balk, Robin Tunney, Neve Campbell and Rachel True — this sequel additionally tells the story of teenage women gaining newfound magical powers, however seeing them take a darkish flip.
For example, Hannah — with the slight increase of her hand — throws a category bully right into a set of lockers with power. Later within the trailer, Hannah is seen throwing her mom to the bottom after a sudden increase of each arms. Hannah additionally discovers a Polaroid picture of Nancy Downs (Fairuza Balk), who within the unique movie misplaced management of her darkish vitality, which precipitated the coven to unravel.
Initially designated for theatrical launch, “The Craft: Legacy” — produced by Blumhouse and Crimson Wagon Leisure for Columbia Photos — shall be accessible on-demand on Oct. 28.
‘Lion King’ sequel formally within the works with director Barry Jenkins
The “Circle of Life” continues for Disney’s hit, “The Lion King.”
Somewhat over a yr since releasing the massively worthwhile CGI reboot of the 1994 animated traditional, Walt Disney Studios has confirmed a sequel is within the works.
Oscar-winning “Moonlight” scriptwriter/director Barry Jenkins will direct and Jeff Nathanson, who scripted the 2019 “Lion King,” can even write the sequel, Deadline reported.
“This. Sure, THIS,” Jenkins, 40, tweeted on Tuesday, linking to the Deadline article.
The brand new installment will use the identical photo-realistic expertise director Jon Favreau utilized for final yr’s manufacturing and 2016’s “The Jungle Guide” reboot.
There’s no phrase but on when the discharge date will likely be or who will likely be within the forged. In 2019’s “Lion King,” voice actors included the likes of Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, James Earl Jones, John Oliver, Donald Glover, Amy Sedaris and Probability the Rapper, with authentic music by Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer.
Whereas the unique animated movie’s 1998 sequel, “The Lion King II: Simba’s Satisfaction,” centered on Simba’s daughter’s romance with a male lion from a pleasure as soon as affiliated with Simba’s evil uncle Scar, the upcoming sequel will focus extra on characters’ origins. Deadline reported that the story will “additional discover the mythology of the characters, together with Mufasa’s origin story.”
Whereas the remake destroyed opening weekend data final July and topped a Disney-dominated field workplace, not everybody was a fan of its futuristic animation model. Some critics discovered it to be astonishing, however animators of the old-school authentic critiqued that the characters’ eyes lacked emotion and that the performances felt weak and wood.
“There’s a enormous resentment in opposition to these 3-D remakes from the unique 2-D crews,” one animator who labored on the 1994 movie informed the Huffington Submit final summer time. “Possibly if we obtained any form of royalties it might be completely different,” an nameless animator added.
Demi Lovato ‘making an attempt to maneuver on’ amid Max Ehrich’s cryptic posts
Max Ehrich posted messages to social media Tuesday seemingly alleging that ex-fiancèe Demi Lovato was being “abused,” however an insider informed Web page Six the singer is doing nicely and making an attempt to maneuver ahead.
The actor from “The Younger and the Stressed” put up cryptic notes in an Instagram Story that mentioned “#FreeDemi,” then “#FreeDemetria,” adopted by a 3rd observe saying, “#FreeDemetria from people who have abused her,” in response to screengrabs captured by Twitter account #onlyforeverddl.
Ehrich additionally posted regarding messages to his Instagram about Jeffrey Epstein, which have since been deleted.
“‘Jeffrey Epstein’ me = Attempt to silence me for exposing the reality to the world,” he wrote.
To his Instagram Story, he added, “I’m so grateful for social media… For it offers a voice to each human being. If used purposefully; It shines consciousness on issues that should be addressed. I’ll be posting on right here for updates each few hours with pics… In case folks attempt to ‘Jeffrey Epstein’ me.”
However the insider informed Web page Six on Tuesday, “It’s unclear what Max is referring to together with his posts,” and that “Demi is glad, wholesome, and making an attempt to maneuver on from all this by staying busy with work.”
Final week, 28-year-old Lovato ended her engagement to Ehrich, 29, following Web page Six’s unique report that there was bother in paradise for the couple.
The actor then turned to social media to publicly beg Lovato to rethink.
“I’m right here in actual time with y’all. I like Demetria and simply need her to be wholesome and protected,” he wrote on his Instagram Story, additionally sharing that they hadn’t spoken since their break up. “I like you all the time,” he added.
Their breakup got here after outdated posts by Ehrich surfaced of the actor confessing his love for a number of different celebrities together with Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus.
Lovato referred to as the posts pretend information, however that didn’t cease the pair from heading to Splitsville.
The exes obtained engaged in July, only a few months after they started relationship.
Ehrich’s rep didn’t instantly return Web page Six’s request for remark.